Monday, May 4, 2009

When Pigs Fly

Yet another busy weekend behind us. And another one is on the way. Thanks to the horrible weather last night, I'm pretty tired on this gloomy Monday. I will post the usual "Weekend Update" later, but for now I want to bring up this Swine Flu drama.

As of this weekend there are 7 confirmed cases in Louisiana, 5 of those in Lafayette. It is almost certain that it will be raised to the top of the six-point scale and declared a full flu pandemic according to WHO . I know officials are doing everything in their power to make the right precautions while keeping everyone safe and calm but is that enough?

In my opinion, they can only do so much. The public needs to take action. If you, your child, or a family member has a chance of being infected, please be cautious. Don't take school closing as a chance for a vacation. Dont go to the mall or to a restaurant. Have common sense to get tested and quarantine yourself. Be courteous to everyone around you. I sure in the hell don't want this flu. And it scares me to know that a simple trip to Target can be fatal to my family. Especially my son who seems to get sick just by looking at someone.

I could ramble on and on about how serious this is and how people aren't doing the right thing but I just don't have time. (And I'm sure you already know) So, I will end it here. I hope this is solved sooner rather than later. Afterall, I'm not ready for more setbacks in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment