Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Here we go...again!

Have you read the title of my blog? Have you read it carefully?

"I love my crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life."

Yep...that sums it up alright. And today was another one of those crazy days.




This is what we woke up to...





You guessed it! He's sick again. But this time it's serious. (Not that any of the other times weren't)

After a visit with Dr. Papp we have this...

-A severe ear infection. Severe meaning that it is corroding his ear drum. Ring a bell? It's my childhood all over again.

-Two eye infections. (Yes, again)

-And wheezing.

I know, I know. It sounds like every other time. But this time we are finally getting somewhere. Dr. Papp recommended that Konner sees and ENT. Finally! Maybe this will answer our questions. So...Dr. Butaud, HERE WE COME!

But that wasn't the final answer. No...they had to poke and stick and...Ugh! My poor child.

According to Dr. Papp, the only medication that will relive Konner of this congestion and fluid build up is an antibiotic shot. He received one this morning and has to go back tomorrow and Friday for two more. They also took an insanely large amount (I though he was going to pass put on the table) of blood to test for Immune Deficiency Disorder. Finally. This was mentioned before, but never done.

Oh, and for those of you wondering...we received his allergy results. The only thing that came back was milk. Which we already knew about. It was more of a confirmation I guess. It's only a slight allergy. On a scale of 0-6, it's a 1. So...nothing to freak out about, but enough to be cautious. My only concern with this being the only thing he's allergic to???? WHY IS HE ALWAYS SICK? I really thought the allergy test would give us answers. But nope. It's back to square one.

So here we go. Another journey into the mysterious immune system of Konner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment