Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Update

Another fun and busy weekend has come and gone. And I've got pictures galore. So this will be an image filled update.


Let's start with Friday... Mitchell's friend Michael got married at White Oak Plantation in Baton Rouge. Now, if you would have asked me about this wedding Friday morning, I probably didn't sound very thrilled. One reason being that I'm not very fond of this guy and the way he treats his fiance (now wife) and two being that I had to leave work early to head to Baton Rouge.


If you ask me now, I'd say that I;m glad I didn't miss it. This was by far the most entertaining wedding I have ever been to. But not necessarily in a good way. Now don't get me wrong, the wedding was gorgeous, the reception was fun and the food was delicious. But the groom was the absolute most intoxicated groom I have ever seen. He was so drunk that they (the groom and his new wife) "snuck out" of the reception. Not for the typical reason, but because he just couldn't go anymore. And I'd bet my life savings that she had a prefect night planned that was ruined.

But anyway, here are a few pictures:













Now that was an interesting wedding.


After a night of bar hopping in downtown Baton Rouge, we finally made it home around 2:00 am. Waaaaay past my bedtime. But it was well worth it. I had a blast.


A few restful hours later, we wake up, eat lunch and go pick up Konner from Nana's. And off we go on our weekend errand run. We return home around 5:30 and Konner is done. We put him down for a nap and he slept for a while. A while consisting of 14 hours. Yes, he slept until 7:30 Sunday morning. We attempted to wake him up for dinner Saturday night and this is all we got...

Butt in the air, fingers in the mouth, there's no waking this boy.


Sunday was another busy one. But the fun kinda busy. We headed to Dwyer's with Dad, Kathy and the Boudreaux gang. YUMMY!


We then headed to the State Fair. (Yes, we fought the heat for the expensive rides, white trash, sewer smelling streets of the fair) And we had a bit of fun. I took Konner on the carousel. (The fastest carousel I have ever been on) and Mitchell took him on the bumble bee ride. He wasn't too sure about either. But I think he had fun. Of course we had to visit the petting zoo. Konner absolutely loved it. (Me and Mitchell wanted to free all of the animals) He laughed and talked to the animals. His favorite were the goats. I guess because they were on his level.

















After we watched the inhumane pig races, we headed to the store. (Anything to get out of the heat) And of course Konner was pooped!

Get ready for next weekend's update. It's gonna be a big ONE! Get it?!? lol Big ONE!!! (OK...I'm a dork)

No comments:

Post a Comment