Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mmmm Mmmm Good!

Before I get to the tasty part, I have to explain myself. One reason being that I feel I need to justify why I don't cook meals like Alice on the Brady Bunch. Another being that I like to talk. So listen...ok?

My perfect world would consist of waking up at 8:00, getting Konner dressed, playing on his blanket together, eating lunch, being crafty while he naps, cooking a delicious meal for dinner, sitting down at the table as a family to enjoy our meal, blah blah blah. Well, I don't live in a perfect world. So I have to work. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Very stress free (If you don't take into account the bitchy woman that I work with) and laid back. Wanna know what I hate most about working? The drive to and from Broussard everyday. I could be in a great mood at 5:00 but it takes that one person going 20 miles an hour that just pisses me off. What is my point in this ranting? My point is that I don't have enough time in my day. I don't have enough time to go home, cook a meal, enjoy Konner's beautiful smile and do housework. One of my solutions...cooking the easiest meals possible. I came across this recipe for Macaroni and Cheese (one of my favorites since childhood) and it is awesome! And super easy!


Home Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
Makes: 5 servings, 1 cup each

Scoop up:
1 pkg. Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided into 1/2 cup portions
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
6 Ritz Crackers, Crushed (About 1/4 cup)
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

Make it:

HEAT oven to 375 degrees. Prepare dinner as directed on package. Stir in 1/2 cup Cheddar, sour cream and pepper.

SPOON into greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheddar and combined cracker crumbs and butter.

BAKE 20 min. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

If you've known me for a while, you know that I love Macaroni. You will never find my cabinet without at least one box in it. I simply used the original Kraft blue box. And I love recipes that use Ritz crackers as a topping so I took it upon myself to add a couple. (I think I used 8 instead of 6) And I didn't have shredded cheddar (which I was not aware of until I got home) so I just used sliced cheese that I tore into small pieces. It was still wonderful! This is definitely a keeper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment